of the present generation, was born in a family where music and arts were a part of everyday life. During her formative years, her natural talent was nurtured carefully by her parents. Gifted with immaculate tune, she was groomed in music in very early age by her mother Sandhya Majumdar. Minaakshi Majumdar is an astonishingly talented vocalist (both classical and semi classical) with an overwhelming gifted melody in her voice and sublime voice quality. Minaakshi started her initial training of music under the valuable guidance of Sri Sarat Badopadhyay at her early age. Thereafter, she became a disciple of Pt. Nihar Ranjan Bandopadhayay for learning classical. She was receiving precious lessons of Hindustani classical music from well known vocal maestro Pt. Arun Bhaduri, who is attached as a Guru to ITC Sangeet Research Academy, Kolkata. She is an ex-scholar of ITC Sangeet Research Academy and was under Guru Sri Pt. Ajay Chakrabarty and Sri Aniruddha Bhattacharya. Also under the tutelage of acclaimed Thumri singer late Vidushi Purnima Chaudhuri, Minaakshi has blossomed as a genuine semi classical artiste. With the rich and rare training of her Gurus and with her hard work and talent, she has emerged as an excellent singer of khayal and Thumri. She has performed in many prestigious music conferences and earned a good deal of reputation across the country and adequately awarded with distinction by many elite classical music organizations. She completed her M.A. (1st Class) from Rabindra Bharati University in Music (Vocal Honours). Minaakshi is 'A graded' artist of All India Radio in Khayal and Thumri. She is also empanelled artist of ICCR (Indian Council for Cultural Relations). Minaakshi has already achieved the following to her credit. Achievements & Awards: 1. ICCR empanelled artisted.
2. FIRST position in khayal & thumri in the prestigious music competition held by the All India Radio.
3. Awarded by ITC Sangeet Research Academy in Mumbai, Promising Artiste award.
4. FIRST position in a talent search competition, in the field of Indian Classical Music organized by 'The Dover Lane Music Conference', Kolkata, thereby winning "Amir Khan Memorial" trophy.
5. The “Sursingar Samsad” in Mumbai, bestowed with the title of "Surmani."
6. Recipient of National Scholarship, Ministry of Culture (Government of India), New Delhi.
7. GOLD MEDAL from Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata, M.A. (1st Class first) in vocal music.
8. Stood first in khayal in Swar Prabhat Talent Search Contest at Salt Lake in Kolkata.
9. Stood first in khayal and thumri in the music competition of Rabi Kichlu Foundation.
10. Stood first in All India Railways Cultural Competition in Vocal Music.
Some memorable performances: